Saturday, October 14, 2023
5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Join us for a family-friendly evening at the Waikīkī Aquarium! Get in the Halloween spirit with our Glow in the Dark theme, spooktacular games, critter encounters, live exhibit demonstrations, hands-on activities, fun-filled booths, a Halloween costume contest, and ono food & drinks from local vendors.
- 4:30 p.m. – 2023 Annual Meeting: Hear from our FOWA board about the past year and plans for the year ahead. FREE for anyone to attend.
- 5:00 p.m. – Hoa Hoʻolaulea
- 8:00 p.m. – Event Ends
Activities will include:
- Boo-lympics: Keiki and their families can participate in a series of games like the Jack-O-Lantern Toss, The Witches’ Trap, Pin the Spider, The Monster Mash, and more!
- Freaky Animal Museum: Prepare to embark on a jaw-dropping, spine-tingling journey as the world of oceanic oddities is unveiled. Explore the bones, spines, jaws, and exoskeletons of undersea creatures.
- Glowing Wonders: Venture into mesmerizing glowing rooms, showcasing the world of fluorescence and bioluminescence. Witness the radiance of Sea Fireflies as they light up a faux deep ocean.
- Halloween Costume Contest: Keiki dressed in their Halloween best will have a chance to walk the stage and win some fa-boo-lous prizes.
- Undersea Disguises: Discover the ocean’s ultimate masters of disguise. Come face to face with the Horrible Sea Cucumber and greet the royalty of the sea, the Jeweled Anemone Hermit Crab.
Members: $15 for adults, $5 for children (ages 4-12), FREE for children 3 and under
Non-Members: $20 for adults, $10 for children (ages 4-12), FREE for children 3 and under